Citizenship by Investment Program
The program was first established in 1984 under Part II, Section 3 (5) of the Citizenship Act, 1984. A foreign-national who donates to the Sustainable Growth Fund or invests in a real estate approved project, may become, together with his or her dependents, a Saint Kitts and Nevis citizen.
Donation to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF)Non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF):
US$ 150,000 – main applicant, or
US$ 195,000 – main applicant with up to three dependents, and
US$ 10,000 – each additional dependent, regardless of age
- Main applicant must be 18 years old or older.
- Main applicant must prove that they have enough funds to make the required investment, and prove the legal source of these funds.
- Main applicant and dependents do not suffer contagious disease and/or serious health problems.
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Not to be subject of a criminal investigation.
- Not to be considered a potential national security risk.
- Not to be involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Saint Kitts and Nevis.
- Not to have been denied a visa to a country with which Saint Kitts and Nevis has visa-free access.
No nationality is officially restricted
Dual citizenship is recognized in Saint Kitts and Nevis. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
- Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copy of ID Card
- Medical Certificate
- Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Investment Confirmation / Escrow agreement
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Statement of Source of Funds
- Photograph and Signature Certificate
- Six passport-size photos
- Affidavit of support for Dependents
- Certified copy of Military Records or exemption from military service (if applicable)
- Evidence of Residential Address
- Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Certified copy of proof of name change (if applicable)
- Original Professional Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Limited Power of Attorney
- Bank Statement
- Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents (if applicable)
- Proof of payment of nonrefundable processing and due diligence fees
- Official transcripts of written confirmation from a recognized education center (dependents over 18)
- dual citizenship Yes
- Family members included Yes
- land ownership Yes
- Physical residence required No
- Personal visit required No
- Language skills required No
- Interview required No
- Investment Single $150,000
- Investment Family 4 $195,000
- Minimum annual income -
- Time to citizenship 4
- Time to permanent residency
- Visa-free countries 136
- Financing available Yes
It is a member of the Commonwealth and the CARICOM association of Caribbean nations.
Saint Kitts & Nevis is the smallest country in the Americas, both in size and population, with an area of 261 sq. km and a population of 54,961 inhabitants. Its capital and most populated city is Basseterre, in Saint Cristopher. Its official language is English. Its legal tender currency is the East Caribbean Dollar (XCD), which has a fixed exchange rate with the dollar at 2.7: 1.
Visa Free Travel
Saint Kitts and Nevis does not levy direct personal taxes. Personal income, as well as, capital gains and net wealth, are not subject to taxation.
Property tax is assessed on the market value of the real property, ranging from 0.2% to 0.3%, depending on the location and use. There is a stamp duty on the transfer of real property from 6% to 10%. Value-added tax is 17% for most goods and services. A reduced rate of 10% applies to the tourism sector. Certain goods are tax-exempt.
Regarding corporate taxation, domestic companies are subject to a corporate income tax of 33% on their worldwide income. Capital Gains are tax-exempt, unless assets are sold within the first year after acquisition. Dividends received are subject to corporate income tax. Payments to non-residents on dividends and interest are subject to 15% withholding tax, royalties are withholding tax-exempt.
Companies established under the International Business Companies Act benefit from a total tax exemption, no capital controls and low accounting requirements. Learn more about Saint Kitts and Nevis corporate taxation and legal framework at incorporations.io/saint-kitts-and-nevis.
This should not be construed as tax advice. We have access to a global network of qualified attorneys and accountants who can give you the proper advice for your particular circumstances. Contact us for further information.
- Property tax No
- Transfer tax Yes
- Inheritance tax No
- Net worth tax No
- CFC law No
- Tax residency days 183
- Personal income tax rate 0%
- Capital Gains tax rate 0%
- Investment income tax rate 0%
- Territorial taxation Yes
ProceduresPlease sign in to view
Our qualified attorney in Saint Kitts and Nevis will handle all paperwork, and guide you through each step of the process to ensure that it is as fast, efficient and pain-free as possible.
First, our lawyers will conduct a due diligence check on you to ensure that you are eligible and meet the criteria to apply for the program and your application will be approved. We will send you the application forms and provide assistance to complete the questionnaires, translate and authenticate documents.
You must undergo a medical examination (we may recommend clinics in your jurisdiction) and provide us the medical assessment. After that, you will be ready to undergo fingerprint procedures and transfer your donation to an escrow account (through escrow.com). Investment will be made only in case of application approval.
We will handle all paperwork with Saint Kitts and Nevis’ Government, which will conduct a due diligence check. Once your application is approved, you will receive a certificate of naturalization and you will be able to apply for your passport. The whole process can be completed within 4 months.
There is also an option to pay extra for a 60-day Accelerated Application Process (AAP), for the following costs (inclusive of due diligence fees):
Main Applicant: US$25,000.00
Dependent above 16 years: US$20,000.00
For further information on Saint Kitts & Nevis’ citizenship by investment program and detailed procedures, contact us for a free private consultation.