Citizenship by Investment Program
Under this program, individuals that make an economic contribution to the country, may become Antigua and Barbuda’s citizens, along with their dependents.
Investment in an eligible business- US$1,500,000 investment in an eligible business as a sole investor, or
- US$5,000,000 joint investment, participated by at least 2 persons and each person individually investing at least US$400,000.
- Primary applicant must be over 18 years old.
- Primary applicant and dependents do not suffer contagious disease and/or serious health problems.
- Not to have been convicted in any country of an offense, with a custodial penalty of more than six months’ imprisonment, unless he or she has received a free pardon.
- Not to be subject of a criminal investigation.
- Not to be a potential national security risk to Antigua and Barbuda or to any other country.
- Not to be involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to the country.
- Not to have been denied a visa to a country with which Antigua and Barbuda has visa-free travel.
- After obtaining citizenship, the new citizen must spend 5 days in the country during the first 5-year period to maintain citizenship.
- Nationals of the restricted countries listed below, may apply to the Antigua and Barbuda CIP if they migrated before the age of majority and/or have maintained permanent residence for at least 10 years in Canada, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, or UAE and maintain no economic ties to any restricted country.
Afghanistan, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Sudan
Dual citizenship is recognized in Antigua and Barbuda. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda.
- Original Professional Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Certified copy of ID Card
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Certified copy of passport
- Medical Certificate
- Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Six passport-size photos
- Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Photograph and Signature Certificate
- Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents
- Proof of payment of nonrefundable processing and due diligence fees
- dual citizenship Yes
- Family members included Yes
- land ownership Yes
- Physical residence required No
- Personal visit required No
- Language skills required No
- Interview required No
- Investment Single $1,500,000
- Investment Family 4 $1,500,000
- Minimum annual income -
- Time to citizenship 3
- Time to permanent residency
- Visa-free countries 136
- Financing available No
FeesPlease sign in to view
|due diligence fees main applicant||$7,500|
|processing fees main applicant||$50,000 (include 4-member family)|
|total fees main applicant||$57,800|
|due diligence fees spouse||$7,500|
|total fees spouse||$7,800|
|due diligence fees dependents -18||$2,000 (12-17)|
|processing fees dependents -18||$15,000 (starting 4th dependent)|
|total fees dependent -18||$300 (0-12) (up to total 3 dependents) $15,300 (0-12) (starting 4th dependent) $2,300 (12-17) (up to total 3 dependents) $17,300 (12-17) (starting 4th dependent)|
|processing fees dependents 18-25||$15,000 (starting 4th dependent)|
|total fees dependent 18-25||$2,300 (12-17) (up to total 3 dependents) $17,300 (12-17) (starting 4th dependent)|
|due diligence fees dependents +65||$4,000|
|processing fees dependents +65||$15,000 (starting 4th dependent)|
|total fees dependent +65||$2,300 (12-17) (up to total 3 dependents) $17,300 (12-17) (starting 4th dependent)|
Antigua and Barbuda passport holders can enjoy visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 150 countries, including Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK and EU Schengen states.
Formed by two main islands and several small islands in the east of the Caribbean Sea, the country is located on the Lesser Antilles and borders the island of Guadalupe to the south, Montserrat to the southwest, Saint Kitts and Nevis to the west and Saint Barthélemy to the northwest.
It has a population of 92,000 inhabitants. Saint John, located in the island of Antigua, is its capital, its most populated city and its main port. Its official currency is the East Caribbean Dollar (XCD), which is pegged to the US$ at a 2.7:1 ratio.
Visa Free Travel
All income of the citizens or residents of Antigua and Barbuda is free of any kind of local taxes, whether the income is remitted or not. Antigua and Barbuda is a traditionally low tax and offshore jurisdiction free from personal income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and wealth tax. There is a real property tax from 0.1% up to 0.5% on the assessed market value of the property.
Any international business may be managed through an IBC (international business corporation), and its profits will be exempt from tax. Learn more about Antigua and Barbuda IBCs.
This should not be construed as tax advice. Flag Theory | Passports.IO has access to a global network of qualified attorneys and accountants who can give you the proper advice for your particular circumstances. Contact us for further information.
- Property tax Yes
- Transfer tax No
- Inheritance tax No
- Net worth tax No
- CFC law No
- Tax residency days 183
- Personal income tax rate 0%
- Capital Gains tax rate 0%
- Investment income tax rate 0%
- Territorial taxation Yes
ProceduresPlease sign in to view
Flag Theory | Passports.IO and our qualified lawyer in Antigua and Barbuda will handle all paperwork, and guide you through each step of the process to ensure that it is as fast, efficient and pain-free as possible.
First, our lawyers will conduct a due diligence check on you to ensure that you are eligible and meet the criteria to apply for the program and your application will be approved. We will send you the application forms and provide assistance to complete the questionnaires, translate and authenticate documents. You must pay 10% of the government fee (non-refundable) upon submission of your application.
You must undergo a medical examination (we may recommend clinics in your jurisdiction) and provide us the medical assessment. After that, you will be ready to carry out administrative procedures for citizenship.
We will handle all paperwork with Antigua and Barbuda’s Government, which will conduct a due diligence check. Once your application is approved, you will receive a certificate of naturalization and you will be able to pick up the passport in the embassy or consulate. The whole process takes from 2 to 3 months.
For further information on the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program and detailed procedures, contact us for a free private consultation.